Tonight we ended up in the E.R at Eden because Josh
was coughing pretty bad for a little over an hour and a half. He was
turning red and even vomited because of the coughing. They took
x-rays, gave him a breathing treatment and were about to send him to
Children's Hospital in Oakland to do additional tests when the
coughing finally stopped. We're hoping it doesn't come back tonight.
If it does we'll be going to Children's. Either way I have to take him
to his pediatrician in the morning. So, he won't be going to school. Until
he's seen, he's only allowed to have clear liquids just in case they
have to do a scope on him tomorrow to check to see if anything (ie.
food) went down the wrong tube and they would need to remove.
That's the worse case scenario and I think it's unlikely. The E.R.
pediatrician thought we should see a pulmonologist (sp? lung doctor)
and possibly an allergist as well. They're thinking this is a combination of
possibly asthma, allergies and croup (even though it's been a little
over a week and a half). Anyways, we're hoping things get better in
the summer and that his immune system gets built up so this isn't such
a problem next year.
Josh is so sweet. We were having pizza with my dad when this all
started. Then, we were going to go get ice cream but were not able to
because of Josh's health.
My father watched Caleb outside while we
were in the examination room in the E.R. and Josh was worried (once he
was feeling better) that Caleb was having or had ice cream with his
grandpa without him even though they didn't. So, I promised him we'll
go get some as soon as he gets better :) and I'm sure his grandpa will
take him too.
I'll keep you updated.
Welcome, Sterling
11 years ago
2 comments:
Oh Stephanie, I'm sorry to hear about Josh. Hopefully the doctors will figure out what's going on so you can both get some relief! Tell Josh and Caleb we say hi!
I'm so sorry! That has to be the worst thing, bringing your child to an ER. Please let me know if I can help you in any way. I'm always here :)
Post a Comment