Last week, I went on Josh's field trip to Ardenwood
Farm. It was so much fun. A naturalist led us on
a tour of the farm.
The kids got to ground corn to feed the animals.
Josh got to turn the wheel on this contraption while
the kids put the Indian corn in it. This machine
husks the corn off.
We learned that everything is used on the farm.
Nothing was put to waste. Guess what they used
the corn scraps for. Toilet paper. I'm sure grateful
I didn't live a 150 years ago.
Josh and his friend Vivian.
Later the kids grounded the corn in order to make
it easier for the animals to digest it.
They allowed us to go in the bird coop.
Josh was sprinkling the food for the chickens
to eat later.
Feeding the goats.
The peacocks were beautiful.
I never knew a farm could be so fun!
Welcome, Sterling
11 years ago
1 comments:
I remember going there on field trips when I was little. I loved that place! That is the cutest picture of Josh and his friend Vivienne. You don't see boys his age acting so nicely to girls, especially in pictures.
Post a Comment