Friday, September 5, 2008

A Rose is a Rose

I finished my last Wilton Course 1 class tonight.
I was really hoping my roses would look just like
the ones on the Costco cakes. I guess that takes
time.:)

I'm not sure why but the flowers on the bottom
of the cake look better when done on a flat surface.

I really enjoyed this class and the teacher. I'm
thinking I'll probably take the second class in
October.

I thought it was funny because when I was baking my
cake tonight Josh wanted to make sure this cake didn't
taste like the pink one I made last week. He said he liked
the cake but not the frosting. Who could blame him? Wilton's
Butter Cream Frosting is nasty. I think this frosting is good
for looks but fails in the taste department.

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Very pretty Steph. I think the roses are cuter than Costco's. If you want tastier frosting concoctions, you should ask Michelle or Rochelle. Their cakes have the look AND the taste..