Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The laundry detergent monster


Sunday night, when I was trying
to show my work in progress family
room to some members of our extended family I noticed
that my brand new, environmentally friendly,
Costco sized laundry detergent was all over
the concrete. So, I asked my boys if they knew
anything about it. Both Josh and Caleb
swore up and down that they didn't do
it. I told them somebody had to have done
it. So, Caleb says, "Mommy a monster
must have done it." Honestly, I think he's
so creative that he's going to write best
sellers some day. David thinks the detergent
fell off the washer and spilled all on its own.
I'm not so sure because I never opened the
bottle. Anyways, crisis number one turns into
crisis number two when I took the soap drenched
towels to the laundromat. You can probably guess
what's going to happen. When I opened the washer door
(it was a front loader) all I could see was thick white
suds. Then, they start oozing out. I cleaned up
the mess the best as I could. The garbage can was completely
full with suds. I should have known better.
I was so embarrassed I would have liked to roll like a little pea
under a table. So, I went home. I finally solved the problem
by running the clothes in the shower under a lot of water which I didn't want
to do because of the drought. Sometimes a girls got to do what a girls got
to do. Then, I washed them again in the washing machine. I can not tell you
how grateful I am that our new carpet isn't in yet. Luckily, we avoided
crisis number three.

Posted by Picasa

0 comments: