Monday, July 7, 2008

Cardboard oven!!!

When my sister and I went to Dream Dinners last
time one of the employees suggested that we bake
using a card board box. Honestly, I was skeptical
but it works and it's fun to boot.

It's so simple. Just line a cardboard box with a
lot of layers of foil. My reccomendation would be
to put rocks in the bottom, inside the box. We
didn't and burnt the ground a little. No one wants
another forest fire. :) The four empty cans are
to raise the pan above the coals. One piece of coal
should be put in the bottom of the box for each
40 degrees. For example, if it needs to be baked
at 350 put in 9 coals. The cooking time is the
what the instructions say.


My sister made brownies and we made Cinnabon
cinnamon rolls together.

The oven needs a lid in order for it to bake properly.
It also needs space for a little air to escape. Otherwise
the dish may come out soggy. So, it's good the lid
isn't on perfectly.

Our golden brown cinnamon rolls. I think this is a
great activity. It's a useful skill for camping
or a natural disaster. It also makes life more comfortable.
I think it would be a good skill for the young women
to learn. I'm planning to do this soon for a Miamaid
activity.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The Rogers said...

That is so cool! Your going to have to show me how to do that.

Kathryn said...

I love this! I'm going to do it at my next camping trip.